We are a community of individuals from all walks of life who have come together to worship God, serve others, and to connect in authentic relationships with each other. The Bible tells us that through personal faith in Jesus Christ we become God’s children. What an amazing statement of grace and love! We know you will sense the Spirit of God in this family of believers as you worship with us.
An abbreviated statement of faith for Community is found bellow. If you have further questions about what we believe, please let us know.
Becoming a Christ Follower…
“For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him. There is no judgment against anyone who believes in Him. But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.”
-John 3:16-18 (NLT)
Believing the Bible to be our final authority for faith and Christian living, we affirm the following:
- That a personal, loving and almighty God purposefully created the universe.
- That every human being is made in God’s image and has infinite worth and value.
- That sin entered the world through Adam, and people have continued to live in a state of brokenness and disobedience to God. Because of this, humans will continue to experience suffering, death and separation from God unless God intervenes with His love and grace.
- That God’s Son, Jesus, offers humans freedom from brokenness and death. We are offered a new life if we believe that Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, gave up His life by dying on the cross for our sins, and took His life back again in His glorious resurrection and ascension to heaven.
- That the Holy Spirit fills believers and gives them the desire and ability to live lives patterned on God’s word.
- That every believer and Christ follower, living and dead is a member of the body of Christ. The Local Church is an assembly of believers, come together to worship, to witness and to make disciples. Believers use their spiritual gift(s) God has given them for the benefit of the church, their family, their community and their world.
- That Jesus will return to this world to bring an end to this world history, to judge every human, and to welcome into His eternal kingdom all who are devoted followers of Christ.